Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sprite Patterns December Day 21: In the Final Third of the Month

Hello! Have any of you guys seen the anime AKB0048? I've talked about it on here before, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good show. It's about a space battling girl group that sounds kind of like if there were 50 people in Bananarama, but because pop music was outlawed, everyone in the world thinks they're the best band ever because there are no other bands. The anti-pop music government is so against them that they send the space army to shut down their shows and stop all the teenage girls at the shows from glow stick dancing, and then, the girls and their weird adult fans have outer space battles with the government. Also, the girls on the show have spent their entire lives wanting to be in this group, so they are willing to undergo space battle training for the right to sing really perky songs in unison with a ton of other girls. It is also implied that their songs are written by God, or at least the space jellyfish of God. (I haven't watched season 2 yet, so that question may have been answered by now. I don't really care.)

Anyway, I'm making patterns for this anime because I want to. There's tons of brightly colored hair and frilly pink dresses, and making idol singer patterns is always more fun if you know that the character in the pattern can shoot down a spaceship with lasers. Tonight, I have patterns of Nagisa and Chieri because they're pretty much the main characters. Here they are!


I'm done misusing my blog for tonight, but will be back with more stuff tomorrow. Bye!

7 comments:

  1. Hi there, I was wondering if you take requests? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I can be really slow about it, but yes, I do take requests! What are you looking for?

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. Since you made AKB0048, I would really love to see Love Live! characters in their Bokura wa Ima no Naka de costumes ^-^ Here's somewhat a reference of it http://kevo.dasaku.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/zenkainoraburaibu-640x720.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're my favorite at this moment. :D I was thinking about making a portrait pattern for Kotori or Hanayo, so this will be lovely with it. This is likely not a request I will be really slow about.

      Thank you for providing me with an excuse to do this!

      Delete
  3. Omg yay I'm so happy<3 :') I'll be thrilled if you do a pattern of Nozomi! She's my favourite character from LL! But of course I'd love to see all the characters too haha. I can't wait to see what you've come up with xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched s2 yet, does Nozomi get a bigger role? She was fun, but in so many episodes, they seemed to just put her in the background, other than the summer vacation episode where I thought Maki was going to kill her.

      If I do portrait patterns, too, they'll probably be in the Snow Halation outfits, if you'd be cool with that for Nozomi. I like stitching on blue fabric and it seems like that would be pretty, so I'm being very self-centered about this part of it.

      The set you linked to will be perfect for the sprite patterns. I have less work this week than last, so I plan to work on that part of it quite a bit coming up, and tonight, too. It should be a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. Ahahaha who doesn't love a good pillow fight. I don't wanna spoil too much but in one of the episodes S2, Nozomi "kind of" becomes the main. Maki kinda learned something from her. Nozomi kind of gets a flashback of her past haha.

    Ohhh totally! I love all of their outfits and I particularly love Nozomi in her Snow Halation outfit! She looks so pretty! I’ve never tried stitching on coloured fabric before. I only stitched on white and sometimes brownish that comes in kits haha. You made me wanna try stitching on blue fabric haha.

    I’m glad ♡ I can’t wait!!!

    ReplyDelete