Friday, April 3, 2015

Showing Off a New Project, With Questions for Other Stitchers!

Hello! Today, I do not have a new pattern for you guys, though I am working pretty steadily on the Love Live! School Idol Project set of sprite patterns. They're coming out to be really cute, and since they just released some of the artwork for the new series, complete with new characters, I might end up making them, too. School has been busy and weird, so I will probably keep posting them slowly, but they shall eventually appear.

For today, I am posting to show off a new cross stitch kit that I got in the mail yesterday. I'd been looking at this on Amazon for a while, and, despite the fact that it was inexpensive, not ordering it. I had a really bad day earlier this week, though, complete with kitchen fires and the (completely, totally, non-threatening, but still annoying) promise of medical tests, so my mom sent me an early birthday gift in the form of some Amazon money. That seemed like a very good excuse to buy this cross stitch kit!

As you can tell, in my quest to do only serious and classy crafts, I bought a kit of an anime-style kimono girl, meaning this kit will be totally different from everything else I've ever made. I thought the design was really cute, but I also wanted it because it was a kit with 11-count Aida cloth, which is always fun to use.

What I am less sure about as I start this kit is the fact that it has pre-printed fabric. (The fabric itself is in the upper left corner of my photo set above.) It comes with a pattern, too, but the printing is clear and high quality enough, despite the weird colors, that I don't know if I'll need it. It makes it look even more fun and easy. I have not really done a project on printed Aida cloth before, though, so I'm not sure what to do in the end.

Have any of you stitched a pre-printed kit before? The thread is high quality, so I'm not worried about color bleeding from the thread, but when I wash the gridlines and stuff out, will that mess up what I've already stitched? I know it is a dumb question, but I am having trouble finding an answer, as many shopping sites as come up when I type in "pre-stamped cross stitch finishing help."

Regardless of how this needs to be finished, I'm going to start working on her later and, hopefully, post updates as I go! I don't think she'll take too long to stitch, but it should be fun and come out well. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some good photos of it, too!

I am done posting for today, but I hope to post again soon, whether it's about this or patterns! I just got done with a really big chunk of schoolwork, so I feel a lot less stressed than I did when I got up this morning. Anyway, I hope all of you have a good day, and good luck with all of your own craft projects!

3 comments:

  1. I have heard that the pre-stamped colors wash away beautifully, without leaving a trace on the floss. But I have never done one myself yet, so I only have the knowledge second-hand. I did read one blog (don't remember which one) where the lady said she had to soak her project twice to get it all but it did go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help with your question, but Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing preprinted I've ever stitched was needlepoint canvases years ago. I personally prefer "plain" fabric, especially if it's hand-dyed. Good luck and have fun with your new project! :)

    ReplyDelete