Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sprite Patterns December Day 3: An Excuse to Make Sprites of Fancy Dresses

Hello! Tonight I am having trouble focusing and paying attention to stuff, so it took me a really long time to get this post ready. I'm very happy with the pattern for tonight, though! I'm taking an independent study class this semester on Game of Thrones and how it relates to European history and pop culture perceptions of it, and my final paper is on embroidery and textiles in medieval Europe and the novels, which has been interesting to research and write so far. Today, though, when I was working on it, I got stuck on trying to figure out what to say about a passage that means either that George R.R. Martin didn't know about what sorts of embroidered dresses serving girls could actually afford to wear or that Sansa Stark is a dingbat character who has the same information gap. While thinking about this, I realized, "oh, crap, I have to do my blog for today," and then made a pattern of Sansa under the pretense that it was connected to my homework.

Aside from being related to a paper I'm writing, I also really like making patterns of characters in needlessly complicated outfits, so when making this, I decided to put Sansa in a TV show outfit where she had a floral dress with a layered skirt and a giant cloak over the whole thing. I was also chilly, so I wanted to make sure she looked warm. As such, this is a possibly too-detailed pattern that will take longer than necessary to stitch, but I think it looks fun to make and will probably do so. Anyway, here's the pattern!

With that done, I am going to go sit around and do a bad job of focusing on something else! I am really behind on patterns this month, so I have no idea whatsoever what I will be posting tomorrow. I'll have something, though, so until then, have a decent day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your Sansa Stark is so realistic!:) I love this character in Game of Thrones so much!I am sure that class on Game of Thrones would be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete