Thursday, March 16, 2017

Three Finished Projects

Hello! I still have not been posting lately, even though I did put up a pattern in December. Over the summer, I moved to Japan to teach English at a junior high school, and before that, I was finishing an MA in history, so I was not making many patterns. In the last few months, I really have done a lot of cross stitch stuff, but haven't been too enthusiastic about posting it.

Tonight, however, I decided to post here for two reasons. First, I'm excited about making some of the Marvel patterns that Gatchacaz just posted on her blog, filled with dreams of covering my apartment wall with the logos of fake companies. I made some giant robot anime patterns in pursuit of this goal for myself, but upon seeing Gatchacaz's S.H.I.E.L.D. pattern, it all came together for me. I don't want it to look too insane when I start going nuts with all that, so this is a stopgap post before that.

Second, I want to stay awake long enough to watch Fox Japan's simulcast of Legion, so I've gotta keep myself busy until 11. This'll take care of that for at least a few minutes.

Since getting to Japan, I've finished three fairly big cross stitch projects, so I'm using this post to show these off. This first one, because I am focused on doing traditional stitching projects, is a recoloring of some sprites from the Game.com port of Fighter's Megamix, featuring Candy from Fighting Vipers and Pai from Virtua Fighter. I started this before I got my hands on any nice materials, so the monochrome sprites were a necessity, as was doing them in color, since I didn't have enough grays on hand. The fabric I used was kind of ratty, too, since I'd packed it with a different project started on it, then ripped it out to do this. I like how it turned out, though, and it was fun to play around with the gradients in the three color sprites.
After that, I used some floss and fabric that my mom sent me for Christmas to do a cross stitch of Ash Crimson, using a modified version of his sprite from King of Fighters XII and XIII. I actually posted this pattern here when I made it, so I don't have too much to say about it. I'm really happy with how it came out, though! I even found a nice frame for it at a local thrift store.
My last project photo for tonight is one I finished this week. I went to Akihabara when I bought a 3DS to see how many Streetpasses I could get, because I am cool, sophisticated, and practical. (I got a lot of Streetpasses, so I did not learn any sort of lesson from this.) Before I took off for a less crowded area, though, I saw a cool 8-bit style Love Live! School Idol Project clear file, or fancy plastic folder, there, and thought that if I bought it, it would make an excellent cross stitch pattern. I did buy it, and it made an okay cross stitch pattern, though I probably should have stitched it on 14-count fabric instead of 11-count, and I should have waited until I could get a few more colors to stitch it, too. Still, here it is, pictured with the folder that I used as a chart.
With these three photos posted, I don't have much else for tonight, so I will leave my blog for now. I would like to post a little more regularly, but feel like I don't have much to say, too. I will keep stitching, though, and might post some of the weird patterns I have stashed. I hope all of you are doing well with your crafts, too. Have a nice day!